Information Handbook under Right to Information Act, 2005
Right to Information is an Act to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities and to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority.
- Chapter I - Particulars of Organization, Functions and Duties
- Chapter II - The Power and Duties of its officers and employees.
- Chapter III - The procedure followed in the decision making process including channels of supervision and accountability.
- Chapter IV - The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions.
- Chapter V - The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
- Chapter VI - statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control.
- Chapter VII - the particulars of any arrangement that exist for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof
- Chapter VIII - A statement of the boards, councils committies and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advise, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
- Chapter IX - Directory of its officers and employees.
- Chapter X - The Monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations.
- Chapter XI - The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditure and reports on disbursements made.
- Chapter XII - The manner of executions of subsidy programmes including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes.
- Chapter XIII - Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations granted by it.
- Chapter XIV - Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form.
- Chapter XV - the particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use.
- Chapter XVI - The name, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers.
- Chapter XVII - Such other information as may be prescribes, and there after update these publications every year.