The Office of the Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities, Uttar Pradesh has been set up under Section 60 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 established by G.O. No. 945/65-2-98-129/98 dated 18 September 1998 of Disabled Welfare Department U.P. Govt.
Learn how to register a Complaint
Shri Manoj Kumar (IAS)
Commissioner for Persons with
Powers of the Commissioner
The Commissioner within the State shall -
- co-ordinate with the departments of the State Government for the programmes and schemes, for the benefit of persons with disabilities;
- monitor the utilization of funds disbursed by the State Government;
- take steps to safeguard the rights and facilities made available to pesons with disabilities;
- submit reports to the State Government on the implementation of the Act at such intervals as that Government may prescribe and forward a copy thereof to the Commissioner.
Commissioner to look into complaints
with respect to matters relating to deprivation of rights of persons with disabilities - Without prejudice to the provisions of section 61 the Commissioner may of his own motion or on the application of any aggrieved person or otherwise look into complaints with respect to matters relating to -
- deprivation of rights of persons with disabilities;
- non-implementation of laws, rules, bye-laws, regulations, executive orders, guidelines or instructions made or issued by the appropriate Governments and the local authorities for the welfare and protection of rights of persons with disabilities, and take up the matter with the appropriate authorities.