- Relaxation of 5% marks for qualifying eligibility in the recruitment of physically and visually impaired PwD’s for the posts of Lecturer in Universities and Degree Colleges.
- Marks relaxed from 50% to 45%.
- Action taken under section 50 of PWD Act, 1995.
- G.O. Issued no. 829/70-1-2010-15(14)/92tc dated 11-06-2010
- Relaxation in selection rules for pwd’s.
- PwD’s exempted in giving cycle driving test in Class IV posts.
- Teachers awarded by National or State award will be benefited.
- Special educators of Disabled Welfare Department will get one extra increment & two year extension in service.
Shelter to Destitute
- 3 Shelter Homes cum Training Centers for mental retarded destitute PwD’s to be started in 2012-13.
- Shelter homes at Bareilly, Meerut & Gorakhpur.
Construction of school building
- New school building to be constructed for mental retarded boys at Allahabad in 2012-13.
- New school building to be constructed for blind girls at Saharanpur in 2012-13.
- Braille press purchased to produce braille books, magazines & other study material for blind students.
- Braille press to be started in 2012-13.
- 100 bedded hostels for blind students studying in graduation, post graduation classes.
- 2 hostels constructed in Lucknow, 2 in Gorakhpur, 1 in Allahabad & 1 in Meerut.
New Inter College
- Two new Govt. blind Inter Colleges to be started in july 2012.
- Residential facilities separate for girls at Gorakhpur & for boys at Meerut.
- One high school for blind boys upgraded to intermediate in Banda.
- Total 7,27,622 pwd’s are currently benefited by Viklang pension.
- 75000 new pwd’s to be benefited by Viklang pension in 2012-13.
- Rs. 288.96 crore earmarked for Viklang pension scheme .
Aids & Appliances
- Rs. 3.50 crores earmarked in yearly budget 2012-13 for purchase of artificial aids & appliances.
- Approx 7000 PwD’s will be benefited .
- Pwd’s will be given aids/appliances worth upto Rs. 6000/-.
Incentive for marriages of PWD’s
- Rs. 2.10 crores earmarked in 2012-13 in marriage incentive scheme for PwD’s.
- 1600 PwD’s to be benefitted in this scheme.
- Total Rs. 410 crore allocation for the financial year 2012-2013 .
Annual budget of the department enhanced in seven years.