Land Mark Decisions
- Stamp duty levied on purchase and registration of land/building from housing boards/ development authorities exempted for blinds/ PwD's upto the purchase of Rs. 10.00 Lacs by the tax & registration department.
- U.P. Govt. has banned routine periodic transfers of disabled Government servants and those employees whose dependants are suffering from disabilities.
- In recruitment PwD's have been given upper age limit relaxation of 15 years. PwD's now can apply for recruitment upto the age of 55 years.
- Conveyance allowance of PwD's working with u.p. govt. Has been increased to the maximum of rs. 500/- per month.
- Reservation for persons with disabilities increased from 2 to 3 percent in public distribution system.
- Ration shops are being allotted to PwD's for self employment.
- Sheltered home & vocational training centres established for mentally retarded persons in
Polio Corrective Surgeries are being done in different districts
No. of corrective surgeries performed 4473 in the following cities
Decentralised system of disability certification
- Private practitioners allowed to issue disability certificates
- All CHC/PHCs authorised to issue disability certificates
- Private psychologists / psychiatrists empowered to issue MR certificates.